Our comprehensive program provides women access to the latest, cutting-edge treatment options for gynecologic cancer.
The Bon Secours Gynecologic Oncology Program, located at Bon Secours DePaul Medical Center, is a regional resource for diagnosis and treatment. Partnering with Virginia Oncology Associates, the program offers a medical team of board-certified gynecological oncology surgeons, oncologists, certified OB/GYNs, radiologists, and a patient-care coordinator.
Working with your care team and other speciality providers they perform innovative, less invasive procedures that can safely and effectively accomplish the same goals as traditional open surgeries for gynecologic conditions such as endometrial, cervical, and early ovarian cancer. Bon Secours DePaul Medical Center is one of the few hospitals in the region to offer this high-tech approach.
Talk to your Bon Secours family medicine provider about your personal risk for gynecologic cancer and take advantage of prevention, diagnostic and treatment options available from Bon Secours in Hampton Roads.
why refer to our affiliates
- Our physicians are experts in minimally invasive surgery. Less invasive procedures can safely and effectively accomplish the same goals as the traditional open surgeries for gynecologic conditions, such as endometrial, cervical, and early ovarian cancer. Bon Secours DePaul Medical Center is one of the few hospitals in the region to offer this high-tech approach.
- Virginia Oncology Associates (VOA) physicians work closely with Bon Secours board certified surgeons from Tidewater Surgical Specialists.
- An OR team is dedicated to gynecologic oncology physicians.
- A new intraoperative video camera system is used at Bon Secours DePaul for gynecologic oncology patients. The video system makes it easier for surgeons to identify anatomy even in the most demanding circumstances. With the ability to use the new video camera system in multiple operating rooms, up to six surgeons have access to detailed patient information at any given time.
- Physicians at Bon Secours DePaul participate in on-going national cancer clinical trials to help identify better ways to prevent, diagnose and treat gynecologic cancer.
Robert Squatrito, MD, FACOG, takes you behind the scenes at Bon Secours DePaul Medical Center to discuss women's cancers.