there's no place like home
There is no doubt that most patients would rather be cared for at home, where they are happier and more comfortable, than in the hospital. For some, just getting to and from a hospital or doctor's office may present issues. There is also no doubt that ongoing focused care by a physician and health care specialist is crucial to optimal recovery.
Bon Secours Home Care is a recognized leader in the provision of quality care to patients in the home setting. We offer a comprehensive suite of services to patients from adolescents to seniors that address their physical, emotional and spiritual needs. We help patients throughout Hampton Roads recover from illness or injury or assist you with your daily living activities.
about Bon Secours Home Care
Bon Secours Home Health is the first Medicare-certified, hospital-based home health agency in Hampton Roads. Our state-of-the-art technology serves patients through developed programs, procedures and techniques led by expert clinicians, including nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists, occupational therapists, physician specialists, medical social workers and home health aides. We use the latest techniques, based on cutting-edge research, to help our patients recover - faster. Our services include:
- Skilled Nursing — Our skilled, experienced nursing staff offers diabetic education, medication management, and post-operative care among other services.
- Infusion Therapy — We offer convenient treatments for patients who require frequent infusions of medication, including cancer patients, patients requiring intravenous antibiotics, and patients requiring frequent injections.
- Physical Rehab Services — Our team of physical, occupational, and speech therapists are experienced and well-trained on the most up-to-date, evidenced-based treatment techniques and patient-centered care.
- Fall Prevention Program — Physical therapists with specialized training in balance disorders provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment to prevent falls and alleviate symptoms of dizziness and vertigo.
- Telehealth Monitoring — Measuring your vital signs every day through a monitor in your home, telehealth helps patients avoid unplanned hospitalizations and emergency room visits.
- Wound Care — Our certified wound and ostomy care nurses provide focused, specialized care using the latest technology to promote wound healing and ostomy management.
- Compassionate Care Program — This program promotes a smooth transition and continuity of care when a patient is ready to transfer to the Hospice program.
- Medical Social Worker — We strive to link our patients to resources for care. Our team has a dedicated Medical Social Worker who offers psychosocial assistance with patients and families in need. This social worker helps connect patients and families to necessary resources and support systems in the community, provides supportive counseling, and empowers patients to expand and strengthen their network of social supports.
We also encourage patients to take an active role in their care by signing up for My Chart.